Pretty spiffy job posting:
DIRECTOR OF MUSIC & PERFORMANCE
The Maine Public Broadcasting Network has an exciting opportunity for the right individual to produce and host our daily flagship statewide morning classical music program, serve as MPBN’s ambassador to the state’s vibrant and rich arts community, and be an integral player in helping MPBN to secure support for and launch a new classical music service!
Sharing and interacting daily with music listeners all around our state and beyond, with a goal of building audience value and support for MPBN’s classical music efforts, the person selected for this position will be a friendly, personable morning companion who is depended on by our audience to share the best in classical music, from old favorites to new selections, new performances, unknown works and unknown composers. The successful candidate must be enjoyable, interesting, inspiring and connected, keeping in close touch with what is new and exciting in Maine’s active performing arts community, and able to share all of that as an enthusiastic and compelling component of MPBN’s service that keeps it relevant, vital and unique.
If . . .
- You know the music
- You know what works best for a broad radio audience
- You have a warm, engaging and personable on-air presence and impart a passion for classical music in a natural and conversational style
- You enjoy meeting with donors privately and speaking to groups publicly, as MPBN pursues its ambitious and important strategic goal of launching a new classical music network
- Working closely with MPBN management, you are and like being a key player on the team that will develop this new initiative and bring it to life
- You are energetic
- You love classical music
- You thrive on making good radio
- You’re comfortable with social media
- You work and multitask well under deadline either alone or as part of a team
- You enjoy being in the public spotlight and meeting with supporters, speaking to the public and advocating for a cause dear to your heart
. . . we want to hear from you. Join our dedicated hardworking team and be part of a great cause in a state that loves public broadcasting.
Maine is known for its great quality of life, its friendly people and its outstanding natural beauty; from the oceans to the forests to the mountains, making it a four season paradise and a great place to work and play.
This position will be based either out of our Portland or Bangor studios. See the complete position description below. Please submit comprehensive cover letter, resume and a CD sampling of on-air work (no other media submissions will be accepted) by U.S. mail to Human Resources, MPBN, 63 Texas Ave, Bangor, ME 04401-4324. Position will remain open until filled.
MPBN is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To see the rest, click here.
Subscribe Via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to Scanning the Dial and receive notifications of new posts by email.